We are happy to see so many members returning! Welcome back to those who have recently reactivated their memberships.
Effective Friday, May, 28th 2021 – in accordance with the CDC and State of NJ guidelines, the Hunterdon Health & Wellness Center will revise its indoor mask policy.
All members and guests who are fully vaccinated now have the option to remove their face masks while visiting the Wellness Centers. We strongly encourage our unvaccinated members and guests to follow the CDC guidelines and continue to wear a mask and maintain a 6 ft. social distance. Please note: Because the Hunterdon Health & Wellness Center is part of a healthcare facility and masks are still required in a healthcare setting, we kindly ask you to please wear your mask when entering and exiting the building. You may remove it once you have checked in at the front desk of the Health & Wellness Center. For your safety, temperature checks and COVID-19 screening questions will still be conducted upon check-in.
We are implementing a phased approach to our offerings:
- Our saunas will reopen with occupancy limits posted.
- Steam rooms will open soon.
- Our class schedules, formats, and capacities will continue to increase over time.
- Virtual and outdoor classes will continue to be offered.
- Operational hours may increase as demand dictates.
- Reservations are still being taken for swim lanes and group exercise classes.
- All Aquatic Area safety protocols will remain in place until further notice from the Department of Health.
Please be assured, we will continue to practice our enhanced cleaning and sanitizing practices and ask you to continue to clean your machines and equipment before and after use. Your safety remains our top priority.
Thank you for adhering to the State guidelines throughout this past year. Your gracious compliance helped to keep our entire Wellness Family safe!
Sail Into Summer – Strength & Endurance Challenge
Looking to get stronger, leaner and summer body ready? Take this 30 Day Challenge with us!
This Challenge begins on Tuesday, June 1st, and runs through the month ending on Wednesday, June 30th.
Please see the attachment for details!
Pop Up Fitness In The Park
This summer, the Hunterdon Health & Wellness Center is partnering with local parks to get our community moving. Please see the attached brochure on a wonderful park challenge and a flyer on fitness activities being held in the park.
If your class is scheduled to be outside, please sign up for that class with the outdoor option. These classes may be moved inside in the event of inclement weather. If you would like to be one of the people to participate indoors with limited capacity (only in the event of rain), please sign up for the same class indoors as well as the outdoor option. If the outdoor class gets canceled, you will receive an email, however, you should still come for the indoor class if you have signed up for it. Cancellations will occur at least one hour prior to the class.
If you are interested in participating in our virtual program, please email Shelby at firstname.lastname@example.org to be granted access. This is included in all active memberships.
If your membership is frozen, you can have access to the virtual classes for $30 monthly.
To view all class schedules, please click here.
Effective May 1 – Lap Swimmers
The volume for lap swim has increased. Starting May 1st, you will be able to reserve swimlanes 4 days in advance, rather than 7. We ask you to cancel within 4 hours of the reservation time so that members on a waitlist can be accommodated. Please remember that if you do not show up for a reservation and have not called to cancel, you may be charged a $10 fee.
The capacity for the Therapy Pool in Clinton has been raised to 4 people. Class capacity has also been increased. Please see the scheduler or the front desk for updated capacities.
If you need to cancel any appointments with us, lap swim, or classes, please call the front desk. The front desk manages the waitlist. Emails and voicemails left for managers do not always get answered in time to assist members who are trying to get a spot on a roster.
A Few Reminders:
- Please DO NOT leave membership requests (freeze, cancellations, etc.) on our voicemail. All membership requests must be made in writing (email, mail, in person or fax).
- Please do not leave your belongings in a locker overnight. Our lockers are for daily usage. Locks will be cut if left for extended periods.
- Masks are to be worn at all times except while swimming. Refusal to follow the mask guidelines will result in termination of membership. (*As of May 28th, Members will no longer be required to wear a mask indoors while visiting the Wellness Centers. We strongly encourage our non-vaccinated members and guests to follow the CDC guidelines and continue to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet social distancing.)
- Please do not stand on the track. The track is there for walkers/runners. Please be respectful of others while they work out.
- All equipment must be wiped down before and after use.
Hunterdon Health & Wellness Centers
New Member Special – Personal Training!
Please click here to learn more about our new personal training special. Two – 30-minute sessions for $60.
Building Healthier Workplaces
Gym memberships have a very important role to play in the battle against physical inactivity. According to the World Health Organization, companies are in a unique position to fight inactivity.
The Hunterdon Health & Wellness Centers want to promote healthy work environments! Corporate memberships are available for small and large businesses and can be customized to fit the unique needs of your company. Our goal is to promote wellbeing in and outside of the workplace to help create a better quality of life for our community.
Employers interested in implementing a Corporate Membership, please contact Robin Schneider at email@example.com for more information and corporate membership rates.
Employees may inquire at the Front Desk to determine if their employer is enrolled in our Corporate Membership Program.
If you have any further questions or comments, please direct them to our membership coordinators:
PHASE 2 REOPENING GUIDELINES
- In order to keep an accurate capacity count, members will now be required to scan out when leaving.
- Showers are available. The locker rooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the course of the day.
- A limited number of lockers will be available for your use. There is an available locker every 6 feet.
- Please disinfect your locker before and after use. Spray bottles will be available for your personal use. Please return your spray bottle before checking out of the center.
- There will be no towel service. Please bring all of your own amenities for showering.
- Reservations are no longer be required for using the fitness floor. Reservations will still be required for lap swim, the therapy pool, and group fitness classes. We have lifted the 3 times per week allowance. You now have unlimited visits.
- Members will continue to be screened and have their temperatures taken.
- *As of May 28th, Members will no longer be required to wear a mask indoors while visiting the Wellness Centers. We strongly encourage our non-vaccinated members and guests to follow the CDC guidelines and continue to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- There will be no reservations required for the hot tub. It is first-come, first-serve.
- There is a 3 person max limit in Clinton and a 2 person max limit in Whitehouse.
- There is a 15-minute time limit for the hot tub.
- No one is allowed in the hot tub during the 10 minute cleaning time (the last 10 minutes of every hour). Please plan accordingly.
Membership Questions? Please contact:
To access the Hunterdon Healthcare Community Calendar.
To access the 2020/21 Physician Reference Guide.