As we welcomed our members back to the Wellness Centers over the past six months, we were reminded just how important fitness is to our physical and mental well-being. Working closely with our medical staff, we have implemented measures that provided for your safe and effective return to exercise.
To address the evolving needs and interests of our members, additional offerings extended to you include: virtual group fitness classes, return to fitness coaching sessions, health education webinars as well as a variety of outdoor classes and programs that we anticipate providing to our members beginning in April.
For the month of March, our Fitness Team prepared a challenge to highlight the importance of healthy nutrition. Looking ahead to April, our monthly challenge will include both nutrition and exercise. Please reach out to Cheryl Getz, our Fitness Supervisor for further details on how to participate in either of these complementary programs. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a non-profit organization that proudly exists to serve the health and wellness needs of our members, our efforts to rebuild our membership community with the return of members to active status is vital to our continued sustainability. We look forward to your visits and assure you that we have taken all the necessary measures to ensure your safety and well-being. We are very grateful to be an ongoing partner in your fitness journey.
Please enjoy the following short video on the steps we take to keep you safe. Watch video.
For your information:
- The showers and locker rooms are open.
- As per the State of NJ, we were able to increase capacity to 50% in March.
- Massage is being offered in both locations.
- Private & Group Swim Lessons are being offered in both locations.
- Tai Chi is being offered in Clinton on Tuesday nights.
- We have expanded the Group Fitness Schedule.
- Limited Water Aerobic Classes are available.
- Most importantly, the guidelines we have in place are keeping our members safe and healthy!
Starting this month, Whitehouse members may use the Clinton facility 4 times per month. Previously, you were allowed 3 visits. After the 4th visit, members will be charged a $5 guest fee per visit.
We would like to take the opportunity to bid farewell to Shirley Burd. Shirley has been a valued Wellness Center employee for the last 23 years. She has worn many hats during her time with us. She managed and taught the Clinton Children’s Group Swim Program, taught a variety of Group Fitness classes, and kept you safe while lifeguarding the pools. We wish Shirley the best of luck as she retires to sunny Florida!
A Few Reminders:
- Please DO NOT leave membership requests (freeze, cancellations, etc.) on our voicemail. All membership requests must be made in writing (email, mail, in person or fax).
- Please do not leave your belongings in a locker overnight. Our lockers are for daily usage. Locks will be cut if left for extended periods.
- Masks are to be worn at all times except while swimming. Refusal to follow the mask guidelines will result in termination of membership.
- Please do not stand on the track. The track is there for walkers/runners. Please be respectful of others while they work out.
- All equipment must be wiped down before and after use.
Hunterdon Health & Wellness Centers
March 2021 Healthy Nutrition Challenge
Challenge Instructions and Resources
This challenge for the month of March will inform and motivate you to make better nutritional choices that will fuel your body properly, leading to increased energy, an overall feeling of betterment, and maybe a change in body composition!
Between March 1st and March 31st, complete 24 out of the 28 squares. Simply check off the box in the square when it is completed. Return your completed challenge form to Jen Magro at email@example.com. Prizes to be awarded at the completion of this challenge. All of the attachments are downloadable.
Attachment 1**Food tracking resources
Attachment 2**Hunger/fullness scale
Attachment 3**Crossword puzzle
Attachment 4**My Plate – The Vegetable Group: Vary your Veggies
Attachment 5**Word Search
Attachment 6**Word Scramble
Attachment 7**Mindfulness Meditation
Attachment 8**Fruit Chart
Attachment 9**The Power of Fish
Building Healthier Workplaces
Gym memberships have a very important role to play in the battle against physical inactivity. According to the World Health Organization, companies are in a unique position to fight inactivity.
The Hunterdon Health & Wellness Centers want to promote healthy work environments! Corporate memberships are available for small and large businesses and can be customized to fit the unique needs of your company. Our goal is to promote wellbeing in and outside of the workplace to help create a better quality of life for our community.
Employers interested in implementing a Corporate Membership, please contact Robin Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and corporate membership rates.
Employees may inquire at the Front Desk to determine if their employer is enrolled in our Corporate Membership Program.
If you have any further questions or comments, please direct them to our membership coordinators:
PHASE 2 REOPENING GUIDELINES
- In order to keep an accurate capacity count, members will now be required to scan out when leaving.
- Showers will be available. The locker rooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the course of the day.
- A limited number of lockers will be available for your use. Please only use lockers that are not blocked by the yellow tape. There is an available locker every 6 feet.
- Please disinfect your locker before and after use. Spray bottles will be available for your personal use. Please return your spray bottle before checking out of the center.
- There will be no towel service. Please bring all of your own amenities for showering.
- Reservations will no longer be required for using the fitness floor. Reservations will still be required for lap swim, the therapy pool, and group fitness classes. We have lifted the 3 times per week allowance. You now have unlimited visits.
- Members will continue to be screened and have their temperatures taken.
- Masks are required for all indoor activities with the exception of the pools. No gaiters, bandanas or N95’s with exhalation valves will be allowed as per Hunterdon Healthcare rules.
- There will be no reservations required for the hot tub. It is first-come, first-serve.
- There is a 3 person max limit in Clinton and a 2 person max limit in Whitehouse.
- There is a 15-minute time limit for the hot tub.
- No one is allowed in the hot tub during the 15 minute cleaning time (the last 15 minutes of every hour). Please plan accordingly.
Membership Questions? Please contact:
To access the Hunterdon Healthcare Community Calendar.
To access the 2020/21 Physician Reference Guide.